Detonation occurs as a result of a combination of such components under certain parameters:
- Combustible dust;
- Confined space inside equipment;
- Ignition source;
- Explosive concentration of dust-air mixture.
Noria (closed-type vertical bucket conveyer), depending on the size and speed of the conveyor, is capable to transport thousands of tons of free-flowing materials per day. Even the most reliable bucket elevator design and its regular maintenance do not guarantee uninterrupted operation of the system. There is a risk that cannot be avoided.
The destruction of the bucket elevator is not only a stop in production and a violation of delivery dates. These are irreparable losses of products and a threat to the life and health of personnel.
Free-flowing materials are subjected to friction during movement inside the elevator. As a result, combustible dust is formed, which, when suspended, forms an explosive atmosphere. So, for example, 40 g/m3 of its concentration in the air is enough to ignite grain dust.
According to EN 1127-1, these sources can be:
The temperature in the area of the running chain drive motor reaches high values. Even the hardly visible fire scale in a dusty environment can lead to a devastating explosion in closed elevator housing.
Knowing the design of the elevator, the type of free-flowing material, the conditions for the explosion occurrence and characteristics of its behaviour, it is possible to develop a safe solution to protect the bucket elevator from destruction.
Potentially explosive areas are assessed
according to EN 60079-10-2
This is possible with the use of ELEVEX protection system from the Czech manufacturer RSBP spol. s.r.o. and its official representative – ATEX.CENTER.
«We design effective explosion protection systems for bucket elevators based on current international standards and knowledge of the specifics of the development and propagation of dust-air mixtures’ explosions.»
ELEVEX is a system of devices for explosion detection, suppression and safely venting of destructive energy outside the bucket elevator. It consists of three effective solutions, each of which can be used both separately and in combination with others.
The current legislation in the field of production and labour protection requires the ensuring of necessary safety of bucket elevators during its construction.
After assessing the explosion hazard of the aspiration system and analyzing all the risks in production, we develop possible solutions for explosion protection.
1. You will be confident on the explosion safety of your production. The ELEVEX system has been tested by experienced specialists from RSBP spol. s.r.o. and ATEX.CENTER engineers.
2. The ELEVEX system fully complies with the requirements of international labour protection legislation and explosion protection standards for enterprises. ATEX.CENTER certified specialists will assess the explosion hazard of a bucket elevator and select an effective solution for its explosion protection in strict accordance with the standards.
3. All service documentation for explosion protection of bucket elevators is adapted for local markets. ATEX.CENTER provides full service support according to the manufacturer's standards.
The ELEVEX system reduces the pressure of the explosion to a safe level and provides avoiding damaging effects on the equipment. ELEVEX components take into account all the factors that may be the causes of an explosion in a bucket elevator and provide comprehensive reliable protection of the elevator from an explosion.
WE WILL ASSESS THE RISKS, MAKE THE NECESSARY CALCULATIONS AND SELECT AN INDIVIDUAL TURNKEY SOLUTION FOR THE EXPLOSION PROTECTION OF YOUR BUCKET ELEVATOR.